Sunday, July 8, 2007

Off with her wig!


On Wednesday, having visitied the oncology unit for treatment, the girls there convinced me to enbrace my new image and be brave enough to leave my wig off, for me a security blanket I thought I would never be able to do without. However having taken the step, it really it wasn't so bad, in fact it was quite liberating! Now I am learning to accessorise with pretty earings and makeup which I have even been told make me look so much younger and quite funky... that can't be bad can it! My dear friend Suzi from Switzerland who came out specially to be with me at this time, is staying with us for ten days and has been truely wonderful, giving her input in so many ways, not only is she a great Homeopath and Midwife but knows so much about the oncology treatment I am getting and has been invaluable in helping me augment it here. It's been so good talking to her and learning about the way things are handled in Basel and sharing that with Dr McAdam here who was most accomodating and positive. She goes back to Switzerland on Thusday and we shall really miss her. I feel so loved and supported by my friends and family and I thank you all for your wonderful messages that have been so important to me. I shall never forget your kindness and hope that soon we will be sharing more than this blog together.

No comments: