Saturday, June 2, 2007

Time Out Day


Neil: Other than having her stitches out and no pain killers all day, not much new happened yesterday. Today was a different kettle of fish. Trevor and Lucie arranged a picnic and took her mum Anna, Joy and Me to Groot Constantia for lunch on the grass in the afternoon sun. Emma did mom's make-up we whisked her off on a breathtaking ride via Camps Bay. It was a magical afternoon. We were surrounded by balloons attached to kids running here and there.

Trev: We ate and sang while Dad played guitar and my folks and Anna got to spend some time getting to know each other better. As Mom keeps saying, every day is a gift, this was one gift we all soaked up and appreciated infinitely. I realised that, as the saying goes : if life is what happens when you're busy making other plans, then I was done with making other plans and more days like this are on the agenda. Gorgeous!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Joy, Neil, Trevor and Emma,
I can only say that there is a huge lump in my throat after having read today's blog. It is simply so moving. Words don't really have a place for what you have experienced today.
Joy, I think of you EVERY time I fold a plastic bag into a samoosa, because you taught me how to do it. So, I think of you often. May you continue to be blessd with togetherness and love. I am so happy for you that you can have this quality time together.