Monday, May 21, 2007

Dr Melvil for president!

Dad and I just got back from the hospital. It was indescribable to see mom smiling back at me. She is in ICU with excellent care and we're told she's doing very well. Very drowsy but she just surfaced long enough to say hello and move about a little. It will take 48 hours for them to study the sample of the tumor which is when they can develop an accurate course of Chemo and what kind of tumor it is etc. I've not spoken directly to the doctor but he said he'd get as much of it as was safe. We're just so relieved to have the operation over and mom back. she really is the strongest person I've ever met.

Dad and I also went through all the messages people have been sending. It is overwhelming to have such love and I can only feel that all the simultaneous thoughts we are all wishing... are really helping. thank you everbody. We'll print out everything tomorrow and read it to her.

So more tomorrow. G'night.

1 comment:

Emma Joan McPherson said...

Brilliant news! Thank you so much for the update Trevor. Mom I'm so happy you are recovering quickly and that the surgery went well. I have been studying that much harder because this time away from you has to really count in order to be justified. I have probably covered more in the last two nights than I have in the last two weeks (not sleeping helps too!) I am just so relieved you are ok. I may even sleep tonight although I seem to have gone into some kind of study hyper mania as an antidote to worrying I guess. Stay strong I'm so proud of you mommy! xx ej