Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I was only 24 hours from brain surgery

We're back from the Constantiaberg and its difficult to believe that Joy is only just over 24 hours past her operation! Her speech is clear and crisp. She seems a little photophobic and sound sensitive. Also mentioned that her food was 'much too tasty' ... hello this is a hospital!! You'll find tasty food somewhere down the road... not here. I tried to tell her about the sheer number of people who felt the need to tell her by writing in her web/blogg/link/page (whatever its called) how special (and loved) she is in their lives. Gotta say I got a bit choked up but I find hospital air can sometimes do that to you. I was pleased to see that it affected some other people similarly. Trevor and I hope to meet with or at least speak to Dr Melvill tomorrow sometime just to get more of the 'low down' on exactly where she is right now and where we need to go from here. Dunno if it happens to any of you but I turn into a complete blithering idiot when speaking to a doctor about an issue of consequence like this ... its like when your son tries to explain something about a computer ... hey maybe I am a blithering idiot !! (Revelations Chapter 1) I can't begin to describe to you how pleased I am at her improvement. What a lucky guy I am!

4 comments:

Emma Joan McPherson said...

Hey Dad
Thanks so much for the update. I know what you mean about that hospital air. I can feel it from here!
Moaning about food is always a good sign and and indicator of the return of zest. So thats great news. love you
ej

sam h said...

This is great news Neil. we are really sending you all the positive energy our bellies will allow.

joy is a one-off in our lives, and we love her very much. you are not too bad yourself yuo old bugger!

anything that we can do - ask!

we will continue to send our positive love until further instructions arrive.

sam.x

sam h said...

This is great news Neil. we are really sending you all the positive energy our bellies will allow.

joy is a one-off in our lives, and we love her very much. you are not too bad yourself you old bugger!

anything that we can do - ask!

we will continue to send our positive love until further instructions arrive.

sam.x

Unknown said...

hey neil,
I always thought I was a "dithering idiot" but I am pleased to meet a blithering idiot! Thank you for the updates and I think that Joy's sensory increased awareness means that the tumour might have inhibited it, so I hope that the improved senses are permanent.
Love
M